Tuesday, 30 December 2014

Revamp KAL, the end...

So as you already know, I participated to the Revamp Kal organised by Rililie. I had planned on knitting a sweater, but I still needed to finish my Got the Blue to use some of the remaining yarn as my main colour. As it took me quite some time, I decided that I would knit a pair of fingerless gloves in the meantime. And here is the final result!

My Mouton Mitts Revamp, my modifications can be found on my project page.

Afterwards, I finally made up my mind for a Revamped SpliTTop into a cardigan but couldn't finish in time and as I had Christmas gifts to knit, I decided to put the project on hold for now. You'll hear more about it later :)

But, the Revamp story doesn't end here! I had the great surprise to win one of the wonderful gifts Rililie offered at the end of the KAL. I received my parcel last week and could finally take pictures so here is my prize:

A beautiful skein of Shibui yarn in Poppy and some delicious caramels! What a treat! I already have plenty of ideas for this skein but for now, I have to get back to my Christmas knitting... (I know I know... I'm late but I only need to offer my gifts at the beginning of January, isn't an extra week enough to finish a couple of sweaters?)

So for now, that's all. Here's a progress pic of one of the gifts I'm knitting, Definitely Susan by Josée Paquin. More about it in another post!

Friday, 12 December 2014

New test

Yesterday Annamária released her new pattern, Got the blue. I had the chance to test this pattern last month and now that it is released, I can make a post about it.

This sweater is fairly easy though with an interesting construction. You begin with both shoulders before knitting the back and front (and eventually, joining in the round).

I didn't have any major problem except that I had to rip off a little bit of my sleeve in order to match the colours. I also had to deal with my gauge which was (as always) a little off (the joy of being a loose knitter). But at least, I've learned to adjust to that and usually go one needle size down. Here the effect of my gauge being a little more loose than it should makes the sweater a bit more large but it's fine by me, I like it this way!

A very nice project in fingering weight. I have to say that I was stunned by many of my fellow testers sweaters, lots of gorgeous colour combinations. Mine is in Holst Supersoft (for a change) in colourways Topaz, Kingfisher and Sage Blue (following their order on the body). The only modification I made was that I chose to knit the neckband in "reverse" ending with Sage Blue instead of Topaz.
I love my new sweater, I'll probably knit others with this pattern.

Apart from that, I finished my fingerless mitts for the Revamp KAL but couldn't take pictures yet (I found out that it wasn't that easy to take pictures of your hands and details on your hands without anybody helping you when you have a small camera and don't really know what you're doing. I really have to begin working on my photo-skills). I also have hats to show you but for the same reason, I keep on delaying the post. And other things but more of that next time (so now I'm forced to post soon :) ).

So I'll try to come back soon (and knit and take as much pictures as I can!)