Friday 6 February 2015

Plum Rain

Today, I finally have time to blog about the great pattern by Yellowcosmo "Plum Rain".
I had the opportunity to test the design last October and I was (and still am) really happy with this sweater.

My Plum Rain in Ice Yarn Morbido Alpaca.




The sweater really knits up very fast (stockinette stitch in the round might be one of my favourite stitch ) and at the same time you have very interesting finitions with the sleeve pattern and the bottom of the sweater that is shaped with short rows.
You end up with a sweater that fits with almost everything and the details allow it to stand out very nicely.





The yarn was a first time for me. I wanted to order some alpaca from Ice Yarn for the Definitely Susan I'm knitting. At the same time, I thought that I would make the most of the shipping costs in ordering some more yarn.
First of all, I was a little surprised when I opened the parcel because the balls of morbido were all small and I had thought they would be big because they seemed so on the website picture
. Apart from that, the yarn is quite good. It was very cheap so, to me, it is definitely worth it :) The yarn is very soft and I like the colour a lot.
I also have some left so I'll be able to knit up a little something with it (maybe fingerless gloves or a hat...).
If you ever feel like trying this brand, I would say go for it. And the staff was super nice and helpful because, as usual, I couldn't finalize my order without making a mistake choosing the shipping option...
We'll see how the yarn will live but so far so good.

So my Plum Rain is definitely a winner, I like everything about it and I'm very happy I had the possibility to test it :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment